Join a bold, world-leading, and highly accomplished development and alumni engagement team — and help UBC shape a better world.
The UBC Faculty of Education, one of the world’s leading education faculties, has served the local, national, and international education community through leadership in research, teaching, service, and advocacy for more than 60 years. As the largest Faculty of Education in BC, it plays a critical and influential role in the advancement of education in the province, shaping and participating in education’s possibilities and potential as a social good.
The Faculty now has an exciting leadership opportunity for an experienced and social justice-minded fundraising professional. The Assistant Dean, Development and Alumni Engagement will lead the execution of the Faculty’s long-term strategy for Development & Alumni Engagement and manage a development program of over $3 million annually, including its FORWARD campaign leadership. Reporting jointly to, and partnering closely with, the Dean of the Faculty of Education and the Executive Director, Development, the Assistant Dean will cultivate relationships with academic and administrative leaders to deliver on fundraising priorities and lead the strategy of building an alumni engagement program to over 17,000 alumni.
This is an exciting time to join the Faculty since the new AD will have the chance to:
- Advance the work of one of the world’s best education faculties;
- Establish the road map to help achieve the Faculty’s compelling strategic plan;
- Build a team by hiring staff and onboarding a new Dean;
- Make a mark in one of Canada’s largest-ever post-secondary advancement campaigns;
- Be a social justice leader by championing diverse faculty projects related to anti-racism, mental health, Indigeneity, and SOGI.
For more information or to apply, please get in touch by email or fill in this confidential form.